[ a / cm / ic / sci / tg / v / vg / vip / y ] [ index / top / statistics / report bug ]

/sci/ - Science & Math

Threads by creation - Page 3


View Post

File: 8KiB, 290x174, download.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140042 No.11140042 [Reply] [Original]

does the multiplicative identity property violate the laws of physics?

51 posts omitted.
>> No.11140980
Quoted By: >>11141091 >>11141132

>>11140976
3 dimes * 3 dimes = 9 dimes^2 =/= 9 dimes

>> No.11140987
Quoted By: >>11141091

>>11140976
Money is a single dimensional unit and can't be multiplied like meters. 3x3 meters length times length is 9 square meters an area not 9 meters length. Because you need the units to match on both sides of the equation. There is no such thing as 9 square dimes.

>> No.11141091

>>11140980
>>11140987
im not sure why you all are caught up on the units. this is about how multiplication functions:

>If (a) x (b) = (c), then (c) must be some product of (a) and (b)
>Add (a) to itself as many times as is indicated by (b)

>> No.11141132

>>11140980
holy shit just stop. how can you allow yourself to be baited so hard?

>> No.11141154

i did acid the other night and saw a circle thing like flower of life except it had 4 symmetry (square grid) instead of the triangular symmetry of the flower of life

Can someone explain please



File: 292KiB, 1450x1587, 1573585157784.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140040 No.11140040 [Reply] [Original]

Can any medfags estimate personality/sex/left or right handness just from this brain image?if so can you share what you can know about a person from a brain scan? Thx

11 posts omitted.
>> No.11140327
File: 96KiB, 1072x1086, IMG-20191018-WA0006.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140327

But sex must be possible to determine, there is a difference in the amount of white matter in male and female brains

>> No.11140369
Quoted By: >>11140503

>>11140040
ask an archeologist to look at the skull shape, as for the rest I speculate that you are an idiot

>> No.11140375

>>11140040
Increased density in the gay matter area.

>> No.11140378
Quoted By: >>11140503

>>11140040
You are a male, right handness. You smoke and like junk food.

>> No.11140503
File: 127KiB, 500x522, i-have-severe-depression-and-wanna-kill-myself-everdam-1650481.png [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140503

>>11140369
Thx desu
>>11140378
Nice b8, got any proof?



File: 70KiB, 900x506, Tesla.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139989 No.11139989 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smK9dgdTl40

Since everyone on /sci/ worships elon



File: 187KiB, 912x620, rbmk.png [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139988 No.11139988 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone explain this pic to me? Already did some research but couldn't quite get a comprehensive answer on the graphite tipped rod thingy (why the core exploded when the graphite tips of the control rods were lowered) Pic is from:
http://accidont.ru/ENG/rodes.html

Why is there not a neutron flux spike in a) in the middle of the rods, shouldn't it be highest there because there is nothing but graphite for 2 meters on each side? Why does the bottom of the fuel rods seem to react so much stronger to the graphite rods than any other part?

6 posts omitted.
>> No.11140097

>>11140094
I know it is, but you don't need to explain all of nuclear physics to me. That's why I narrowed it down to one detail in the entire process.

>> No.11140643
Quoted By: >>11140679

>>11140041
It is because of the graophite tip on the boron rods. Graphite is a neutron reflector, it increases neutron flux and fission before the absorber would go into place, nuclear reaction flashes up, temperuter rises, water goes into steam, pushes on boron rods so they can't go further down then propels them completely out meanwhile the the fission material overheats and melts and everything goes into plasma in an instant.
And that is how you get graphite on the roof.

>> No.11140679
Quoted By: >>11140913

>>11140643
Yes, the graphite tips are the yellow things in the picture. But my question is: These graphite tips were already inside the core before AZ5 was activated in order to lower the rods back into the core. They were not newly inserted, they just changed position inside the core from central to bottom i.e. the amount of graphite in direct proximity to the fuel didn't change. Why then did this make neutron flux peak? Why did the bottom of the fuel rods react stronger to the increased moderation than the central part had done before?

>> No.11140913
Quoted By: >>11140936

>>11140679
They were completely pulled out, AZ5 dropped all rods back in triggering a rapid graphite dispersion

>> No.11140936

>>11140913
In the source it says
>When the rod is in extreme top position (Pic. 16a) it's graphite part is located in the reactor core.
Which makes sense, because when you want to bring the power up you wouldn't pull the rods so far our that the graphite is out too. That would let in water in the rod tubes, which would cut back the effect you wanted to achieve by pulling out in the first place. Are you suggesting they did this by accident?



File: 53KiB, 500x667, 1572631788994.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139944 No.11139944 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11140198

Is there any scientific evidence that transgenderism is actually legitimate

6 posts omitted.
>> No.11140198
Quoted By: >>11140232

>>11139944
yeah all modern textbooks on human biology say it's legit

>> No.11140201

>>11140065
Go to /lgbt/, you’ll see more t than anything

>> No.11140232

>>11140198
Who could be writing these textbooks I wonder

>> No.11140319
File: 353KiB, 771x1007, 1558991141751.png [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140319

>>11140023
>Does transitioning reduce this and improve mental health and general wellbeing? yes.
It reduces GD of course, because they specifically invented that illness to try and show that transitioning is actually "curing" something.

It would be like plastic surgeons inventing "small breast disphoria" and claiming getting a boob job relieves symptoms related to "small breast disphoria" because at least some fraction of women will no longer feel their breasts are too small after getting a boob job. In reality their underlying body dismorphia is still there and the change cured absolutely nothing, just like "transitioning" changes absolutely nothing in regards to the underlying mental illness.

There's no conclusive evidence suicide rates are lowered in those who "transition".. all those links in that biased cornell page are just asking trannies if they're happy with their enormous life choice which they've built their whole social and political identity around, which of course they'll be insanely biased to say they're happy with that choice. Saying transitioning is beneficial is pure pseudoscience at this point.

Show suicide rates are lowered because of "transitioning" or shut up and stop spreading anti-science propaganda.

>> No.11140790

>>11140065
It comes with all the /pol/ tourists longing for validation



File: 86KiB, 948x532, 817bc29811da2118200ad4a6bfe73584.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139939 No.11139939 [Reply] [Original]

>I have to submit a machine learning project in 20 days
Where do I start?

13 posts omitted.
>> No.11140389
Quoted By: >>11140435

>>11139939
Differential equations, vectorization, traits of vector shapes, sliders of how much of feature, that goes on automatically by feature dissection according to how much difference between possible clusters...

Then you make sliders...

Then you let anime trough...

Then you have "non random" anime waifu generator as product of machine learning.

Welcome.

>> No.11140415

>>11139939
>generate 10000 lines of random text
>augment one character per cycle
>eval code on each cycle
>for i < 9999999999 to the 9999999
>if (some_desirable_output_condition) write file

you've just mutated yourself the perfect piece of software, who needs machine learning amirite

>> No.11140419

Make a great regression line in python.

#machine_learning

>>11140368
OP didn't provide anything to post about.
Depending on what the project is, it can be done in 1-2 days ,1-2 months, 1-2 years or maybe not done at all.

>> No.11140435

>>11140389
sliders of how much of feature, that goes on automatically by feature dissection according to how much difference between possible clusters...

That sounds so convoluted and vague it might as well be a title of a research paper in explainable artificial intelligence.

>> No.11140490

>>11139939
>Where do I start?
ask for an extension



File: 38KiB, 400x400, safe_img_03.gif [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139929 No.11139929 [Reply] [Original]

>course evaluation
>students are complaining about the course being "literally impossible" due to excessive workload
>it's literally a baby's first college algebra course

4 posts omitted.
>> No.11140069

>>11139929
>wtf i don't belong here
iktf

>> No.11140074

>>11139929
ok boomer

>> No.11140089

>>11139959
I can't stand that shit

>> No.11140941

>>11139929
I know that feel. Tards always gripe about the slightest difficulty. If you aren't cut out to do physics or math, you aren't cut out for it.

>> No.11141121

>>11139959
Same. It's not even that I don't care, I genuinely like the material. But there are only so many hours in a day...



File: 45KiB, 760x378, voices_energy_numbers_main-760x378.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139901 No.11139901 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11140257

Give me ONE valid reason for why nuclear is better than renewable.

>it's cheaper!!!
Have you checked the prices recently for renewables?
>but thorium
Still R&D
>number of kills!
Yeah renewables have low kill number too but you don't have to evacuate everyone when the generator melts
>you can't store the energy
Gigafactories
>breeder reactor
Still pretty shit

There's no actual reason to abandon renewables for atomic shit

31 posts omitted.
>> No.11140228

>>11140140
You have no idea how power producing plants work. They don't produce materials useful for anything but a dirty bomb.

>> No.11140229

>>11140099
Expensive as fuck.

>> No.11140257

>>11139901
>Give me ONE valid reason for why nuclear is better than renewable.
It's not.
We will still need some Gen IV inherently safe, fast neutron reactor to deal with the nuclear waste in realistic timeframes though.

>> No.11140303

>>11140072
>18.5 gigafactories over 33 years
>Merely 3 trillion dollars
And the estimate is WILDLY conservative, scaling a microgrid in Hawaii to the Earth, and it totally ignores that most heating is fossil fuel based, and we'll also need to synthesize hydrocarbons to replace aircraft fuel and industrial feedstock. Just electricity is only about a quarter of our energy usage. So right out the gate, you're looking at 12 trillion dollars. But wait, that scale up was full retard mode. I wouldn't be surprised if it was off by a factor of more than 2. This shit could cost 20+ trillion.
Then there's the practicality of mining. Right now, a quarter of our lithium mined is used in batteries, and we're not making a lot of batteries compared to what we need. Lithium is mostly harvested through ocean water evaporation, and we're going to have to scale that shit by a factor of ten or more. Think flooding the Sahara level scaling. Guess what this demand does to the price? Yeah, it's not going to be this cheap for lithium. Also energy demands have risen on average 2% a year as more humans get decent infrastructure around the world. This will probably slow down, but expect an additional demand of 40-50% by the end of the 33 year run in the video. And this is just the cost for battery, nevermind the cost for the actual generation. How many trillions are talking? Too many.

It's just fucked. Totally fucked. A basic back of the envelope can tell you easily that renewable CANNOT replace fossil fuels and meet a good capacity factor on a global scale by using battery. The cost goes up dramatically the more baseload you try to replace. Going beyond 30-40% is just cost ineffective.

>> No.11140311

>>11140033
So go find some



File: 125KiB, 990x660, Macerich-FOC-17_54_990x660.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139889 No.11139889 [Reply] [Original]

Scientifically verified prophetic dream #9999999999.
So this morning I had a dream where I was in a mall and I saw a nurse. Then a few hours later IRL I saw a mall unchoosingly and then I saw a nurse IRL unchoosingly.
All the evidence is out there, it's undeniable. Prophetic dream confirmed.
I haven't seen a nurse in weeks. I haven't seen a mall in like a week I think.
I had a dream of a mall with a nurse in it today, and later, not by choice but by coincidence, I saw a mall renting medical industry real estate and therefore nurses in the mall and I also just saw a nurse IRL.

44 posts omitted.
>> No.11140578
Quoted By: >>11140584

>>11140574
Why is it a guess whether or not anybody has seen her? Does she not go to work? Doesn't she have to go to the store to get groceries every once in a while?

>> No.11140580
Quoted By: >>11140584

>>11140577

Thanks for the timestamp 44 again lol.

>> No.11140584
Quoted By: >>11140593

>>11140578
She is from Heaven. She was on Earth before for time but not now not currently. I call her celestial meaning Heavenly.
>>11140580
Thanks for the timestamp 44.

>> No.11140593

>>11140584

Thanks for the 4 lol.

>> No.11140613

Ugh just give me time.
Patience is key.
Lol.



File: 80KiB, 960x610, q1mkd022xmz21.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139853 No.11139853 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11141167 >>11141200

Why does water pressure increase with depth?

18 posts omitted.
>> No.11140087

>>11140071
If you have 1 pound in your hand, you feel 1 pound of weight, now imagine if you had 1 pound pressing all over your hand, now 2 pounds, now 4,5,6 to infinity. The more water that presses on you, the greater the total pressure.

>> No.11141167

>>11139853
Did you post her because of her increase intracranial pressure? This gives me a hearty chuckle, fren.

>> No.11141200
File: 392KiB, 1248x933, 1573327852817.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11141200
Quoted By: >>11141204

>>11139853
>another roastiepost

>> No.11141204
Quoted By: >>11141227

>>11141200
i'd take women over frogposters every single day of the week

>> No.11141227
File: 109KiB, 691x458, gynocentric cumbrain.png [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11141227

>>11141204
no one cares about your opinion, cumbrain.



File: 12KiB, 299x168, images (74).jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139823 No.11139823 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11139830 >>11139879

>tfw you roll into the lab

>> No.11139829

bro how is this nigga gonna build a phone

>> No.11139830

>>11139823
Cringe anime tbqh

>> No.11139879

>>11139823
Trannime isn't science. Fuck off.



File: 137KiB, 712x664, screen-shot-2014-07-31-at-10-18-18-pm.png [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139810 No.11139810 [Reply] [Original]

Is there a source where I can read the original published papers of famous theorems? There are many that I want to read that I can't find with a simple google search. Specifically right now I'm looking for the original publications of the Schroeder-Bernstein Theorem. It's a simple proof but I want to read the original papers.



File: 307KiB, 414x388, anime_pic_for_4chan.png [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139802 No.11139802 [Reply] [Original]

I can get a third letter for my master's applications. The first two are stronger letters. A third prof said he could write me a "positive" letter, but that it won't be as strong as the others since I only had an 80 in his course. It could even weaken my application from that perspective. What would you do /sci/?



File: 124KiB, 880x901, 380-3802101_russian-badger-thinking-emoji-png-download-russian-badger.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139758 No.11139758 [Reply] [Original]

I do vaguely remember it but I'm very confused can someone explain their relationship briefly please

>> No.11139786

if dG is less than 0 => reaction will spontaneously occur



File: 469KiB, 1280x853, 1504669617030.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139735 No.11139735 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11139745 >>11139800

How many of you have a degree in Environmental science? What do you do? Do you like your work? How has it been finding work? I am studying towards it but i'd like to know how you guys feel about your profession.

>> No.11139745

>>11139735
You become the WorldCompany's bitch, you allow them to continue to pollute. Or you work for your government but you are useless because politicians are useless

>> No.11139800
Quoted By: >>11139815 >>11139933

>>11139735
You spread the myth of man made climate change while pocketing billions in grant money, what do an environmental scientist does?

>> No.11139815

>>11139800
>pocketing billions in grant money
haha yeah whoo I'm a billionaire!!

>> No.11139933

>>11139800
you can actually do this if you deny it, the heartland foundation will hire anyone with a pulse and a tangentially related degree if you're willing to lie about AGW.



File: 7KiB, 320x213, statistics.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139683 No.11139683 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11140181 >>11140192

Considering you have sex without protection... 800 woman, ( considering you are breedable male )

Half of them have HIV.

How many healthy children you can get?

Statistics and source.

14 posts omitted.
>> No.11140150
Quoted By: >>11140175

>>11140132
if you fuck 2 girls, you have a 1/2 chance of getting a healthy kid, fucking 4 girls, 2 having hiv gives you a higher chance as there is a possibility of fucking 2 non hiv girls in a row before getting hiv, for 1 girl you don't have that chance to get 2 healthy kids so fucking 4 girls gives you a slightly higher chance, fucking 800 girls is better than fucking 1 girl

>> No.11140175

>>11140150
(( them ))

>> No.11140181

>>11139683
>Considering you have sex
Unreasonable assumption

>> No.11140192
Quoted By: >>11140202

>>11139683
HIV positive people are only infectious when they aren't taking thier drugs (and you can even get prophylactic ARD now), so your question is completely meaningless.

>> No.11140202

>>11140192
I know you probably made a machine that spits out this pills for $300k a year and it costed you like for months after trials, but...

How much is one pill?



File: 84KiB, 960x866, tidal.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139656 No.11139656 [Reply] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11139680 >>11140222

According to law of conservation of energy, tidal powerplants slow moon down, therefore we should stop building them, because moons stop orbiting around the earth if we spend too much of it.

>> No.11139680
Quoted By: >>11139723

>>11139656
tidal energy is already "lost"

However you gave me an idea. If we squeeze the earth in a certain pattern we can actually slow the moon down. All it takes is trillions of TW of power and moving incredible amounts of mass in synchronicity every day for millennia. This way the perturbed gravitational field of the earth will make the moon fall out of orbit.

>> No.11139723

>>11139680
Let's try it, woman will maybe become sane for whole month then.

>> No.11140222

>>11139656
>therefore we should stop building them
No, because the energy stored in the moon orbiting the earth is gargantuan compared to the energy needed to run our societ



File: 3MiB, 640x360, massage.webm [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139597 No.11139597 [Reply] [Last 50] [Original]
Quoted By: >>11140654 >>11140766

How long is it possible to go further in life and remaining healthy without interacting at all with the opposite sex?

121 posts omitted.
>> No.11140646

>>11140590
I'm not even the doctor. How's that for being retarded? Awkward, anon.

>> No.11140654

>>11139597
For boys, -9 months.
For girls, 0.

>> No.11140681

>>11140516
I used to self-filter. I used to waste a lot of energy maintaining a persona, subconsciously, as a survival mechanism. Now in public, I try my darndest to be completely genuine, even if what I say is completely outside the groupthink. It doesn't matter if I stammer through the sentences, I'm gonna be myself. And it pays off. You will learn more, because you crystallize your own thoughts by talking about them, as well as get to hear the feedback from others on your deeper opinions and modes of action, but you will also expose your blindspots when you suddenly can't justify the next step in the chain. A golden nugget of an idea will come from the people you expect least. You just can't simulate other people in your head, you need to leave your head and join other people in order to benefit from the tremendous nuance in different humans. Those people who listen to surface level music etc? You are judging them on maybe less than 10 parameters, and they may judge you back on others that you are blind to, but I guarantee that with an open mind they can teach you about thousands of parameters to human life. There is something beautiful to exactly everyone. And you get to learn what.

>> No.11140766
File: 23KiB, 480x360, 435097253.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140766

>>11139597
>/sci/ - Science and Math

>> No.11140825

>>11140116
>>11140082
>>11140058
I don't go out of house if I don't need to because i have no money. I don't have a job and I have trouble getting one, only way to earn money is writing programs for other people and gambling on cryptocurrencies. I need to pay for uni every month, so there is always more expenses than what I can earn. I am 24-year incel btw. I hate my libido, I tried to do NNN, but I failed after nine days, I had trouble falling asleep without cooming even tho I was tired as fuck. I am starting again, I want to get at least 14 days without cooming

In summary: I am 24 year old jobless incel, I live with my parents and I study in shitty school. I could in no way be perceived as attractive by opposite gender. I doubt there are people on /sci/ that are bigger losers than me, however I would be glad to hear otherwise



File: 12KiB, 458x344, oTzUA0m.gif [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139577 No.11139577 [Reply] [Last 50] [Original]

Does refraining from porn or masturbation really have positive effects on men?

67 posts omitted.
>> No.11140707

>>11140675
>It doesnt mean "when someone refers to another noun other than myself".
Sure, and I wouldn't call you out on it if that was the case.
This is non an ad hominem.
>You are wrong because of X, you fucking American retard
This is an ad hominem
>You are wrong because you are a retarded American, so you are just projecting your dumb viewpoint
Say I have a problem all you want, but that doesn't invalidate anything.

>> No.11140796
Quoted By: >>11141027

>>11140675
>fallacy fallacy
Do YOU know what that means? Pointing out logical flaws is not inherently itself a fault of arguing. If anything, it helps one to patch up the holes of an argument to make an even stronger case. A fallacy fallacy refers to the faulty reasoning of equating invalidity with unsoundness, not the invalidation itself. That's not what happened.

>> No.11140799

>>11139760
Kill yourself, fucking stupid coomer

>> No.11141027

>>11140796
the "fallacy fallacy" comment was a joke dude, don't take it too seriously. does not detract from him not knowing what an ad hom is and how to properly use it (ie, shouting ad hom doesnt automatically win you an argument, or mean that the opponent does not have a solid argument)

>> No.11141163

Porn, sex and lust ruined my mind, my life, my will, my memory. It infected and ruined everything. Hypersexual slow cumbrain. Its worse than heroin.



File: 16KiB, 329x500, 1430165346789.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139565 No.11139565 [Reply] [Original]

Is a Master's worth it? I'm trying to figure out what I want here. After finishing a computer engineering degree I started a Masters of Engineering, hated the course based aspect of it, and got a job working as an automotive software engineer. I did enjoy it for a few years but then it started to become really repetitive and more about the diagnostic requirements than the actual product. I since switched to a start-up designing white hat hacking hardware. It's cool stuff, and my boss is a really smart professor. I'm just realizing it's going to be a little bit weird attatching myself to something that for the most part, seems pretty much done. It seems like the work that's coming my way isn't really going to be anything too exciting.

I don't really know what I want here. At heart I'm an environmentalist which is why I loved the automotive stuff (the whole point was to make cars more electronic). I'm considering finding a Masters to jump into instead.

I'm not rich, probably about 45k in savings. GPA wasn't super high overall but my last two years of undergrad were really high, I did the bare minimum when I started because I found it all really boring. The last two years was really exciting, I didn't get that.

I want to do more hobbyist electronic stuff but so much of it seems kind of pointless to me and anything really cool costs a lot in equipment.

So much of Academia seems so boring and humiliating, constantly trying to publish and get funding. On the other hand, research seems pretty cosy.

>> No.11139641
Quoted By: >>11139692

I have nothing in savings.
My GPA is higher than yours.
My loans are in default.
I cannot do anything with my life.

You have it easy.

>> No.11139692
Quoted By: >>11139716

>>11139641

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll come up with a plan to turn it around. Good luck.

>> No.11139716

>>11139692
I am, thank you.



File: 62KiB, 750x1000, flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u6.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139534 No.11139534 [Reply] [Original]

Whats the most sci/effective way to study large amounts of material for someone with adhd?

I have a pile of books on my desk but I cant even get past 5 pages without being distracted

1 post omitted.
>> No.11139763

>>11139617
Already trying it, anything else?

>> No.11139808

>>11139534
read one page then decide whether you can read another page or not etc.

>> No.11139878

>>11139534
be an autistic savant at STEM so you barely have to study anyway

>> No.11139920

>>11139534
leave the books open and make a habit of going to them often, just walking past them or sipping tea by them, even better if you keep your phone and PC away so you are forced into boredom

eventually youll start skimming proofs and get into it

also leave all the books open not just 1, adhd likes to flit

>> No.11140268

Amps my dude



File: 2MiB, 352x640, 1572520015485.webm [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139483 No.11139483 [Reply] [Original]

Lets say a female has a 50% chance of conceiving somebody that will go onto live the greatest life to have ever lived

The other 50% chance is that they will have a child that will live the worst possible life imaginable


Is it fair to breed when there is potential for such a horrific existence?

I mean, when I was in the womb, I had no choice as to whether or not I was aborted. Why should my mother - somebody who was completely foreign to me at the time - have control over me and all the future suffering and pleasure that I could / would possibly go onto experience? It's not fair. I did not ask for life. This is wrong and selfish. It's immoral to spit out children, only thinking of yourself and not the future of said child.

At the end of the day, we will all be gone and there will be zero trace of humans ever existing. When this time eventually comes, do you really think all of the suffering that humans went through was worth all of the pleasure? Absolutely not.

37 posts omitted.
>> No.11140283
Quoted By: >>11140299

>webm
I'm traumatised. Fuck you, op.

>> No.11140299

>>11140283
If it makes you feel better, he's supposedly okay.

>> No.11140315
File: 205KiB, 609x644, 13623176995_98da225b78_b.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11140315

Your argument doesn't make sense. If the man in the webm lead a generally happy life until he was bear food, how can we judge whether or not he wanted to experience all of that? Obviously if we were to ask him if he would like to have spent his life without ever having been attacked by a bear, he would reply yes, but if we were to ask him would he like to experience his life over again as he lived up to and including the incident, we cannot know his response. You are assuming he would not want to live anymore which means he never wanted to live at all, which are two distinct things.

Also, your mother plays a small part in shaping the future suffering and pleasure that you may experience. Many parents do think of their future children and all the time move and buy homes in areas with good schools in order to secure a better life for their child. After a certain point in your life, the amount of pain/pleasure you experienced is moreso determined by your viewpoint and beliefs on life as opposed to your mother's imposition of life upon you. I do not think it is up to us to determine if the entirety of human experience merits the pain produced versus the amount of pleasure experienced. You are talking about hedonistic calculus on the largest scale even though our viewpoint is so miniscule in the history of all humans to have ever experienced being, we will never be able to even begin to add up all the pains/pleasures of the dead and you are projecting your own pessimistic view on the lives of all persons to have ever lived. Your post is just assumptions wrapped into assumptions wrapped into ignorance, lurk moar.

>> No.11140323
Quoted By: >>11140657

>>11140047
Yeah but it turned out to be cgi and make up. No man was ever hurt.

>> No.11140657

>>11140323
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-krokodil-victim-being-eaten-13967109



File: 66KiB, 720x474, benis1.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139463 No.11139463 [Reply] [Original]

>Never mansturbate, never had sex(don't have urge)

Will i die from prostate cancer?

>> No.11139473

>Never mansturbate
doubt.jpg

>> No.11139486

>(don't have urge)
Focus on this more. I'm not saying you should be masturbating - however, not even having the urge at all should be something that means something. It may benefit you to get a medical consultation.
>inb4 k cumbrain
Remember, I'm not saying that masturbating is either healthy or unhealthy, what I am saying is that not even having the urge at all - is not a sign of a healthy developed body.



File: 230KiB, 1080x1350, 1571915763778.jpg [View Same] [Google] [iqdb] [SauceNAO]
11139461 No.11139461 [Reply] [Original]

Will the universe as we know it ever ''end''?

>> No.11139523

>>11139461
>as we know it
Yes

>> No.11139536

>>11139461
The universe as we know ends every day. Its always changing its shape.

>> No.11139718

>>11139461
There are only theories. Heat death of the universe for example is not provable yet.



Navigation
View Posts [Prev] [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][...] [Next]
Theme [ FoolFuuka - Default / FoolFuuka - Midnight / Fuuka / Yotsubatwo - Yotsuba / Yotsubatwo - Yotsuba B ]